cavalier manor
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups  - Register  - Profile  - Log in to check your private messages  - Log in CavalierManor.org
Bird Watching in the Manor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JeChismyli7

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Bird Watching in the Manor Reply with quote
Hi neighbors.
We have bird feeders and early spring for years they have found their way back home. We love watching them. There are a few winter birds that come to the feeders. One name that I remember is the snow bird. They are very tiny. Among the birds that we see in early spring are the robin red breasts, house finches. (They out number all the others.) Then there are the ravens, quails and doves. Others that I cannot name at this time. We really enjoy watching them. God clothes them in such a beautiful array of colors.

RHarris

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have observed Chickadees, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves and an occasional Red-bellied Woodpecker and not to mention the Black birds and large noisy Crows. The sometimes noisy Blue Jays don't seem to care for the kind of seed I have in my feeder.

In and around the canal it's good to see the Herring (Sea) Gulls, Canadian Geese, Great Egret, Great Blue Heron and I recently spotted some Mallard Ducks. The Great Blue Heron makes quite a sound when it takes off after being startled at night. This often happens when I go out at night to the storage shed located near the back of the property line closest to the canal.

Page 1 of 1